Dancers who wish to refresh their perspectives on dance and choreography through cross-cultural tango, folk, movement text and choreographic cores are welcome to register. The lab approaches the dancer’s corporeality and entices to revise, to rework the dance technique as a whole.
It focuses on the hybridization of -movement- and dance language departing from the cultural body informed by the Tango culture in all its forms and gravitating towards the specifications of Tango music. Choreographer and dance teacher Gabriela Zuarez.
- 10:00 – 16:00
- the labs are intensive and last till 6 hours
- the spots for the lab are limited; once your place is confirmed please proceed with the payment
- dancers/movers with injuries/ sicknesses are required to be transparent and inform when you apply
- optional: morning slot only/ 2 hours class
- Letter of motivation with a short CV, photo and a video of your dance is the requirement before applying for all participants.
- Please, state the reason for your motivation in the subject line of your letter: student/ trainee/ professional collaboration.
- BA/MA dance students and trainees/ (semi) professional dancers with a Tango/ European folklore or ballroom background or who are familiar with those.
- Tango dancers/ teachers with an affinity for contemporary theatre or choreography.