Musicians interested in delving deeply into and exploring the domain of Argentinean tango music who wish to gain access to devices for further development in a cross-disciplinary performance context, enlarging their vision and looking for creative collaboration with the Sur Mundo Ensemble, are invited to register to participate in this unique In-House Workshops-Labs Music. Musicians will work during the lab on three specific rhythm patterns in Argentinian tango music. Marcato in 4 and 2, Síncopas, 3-3-2 or Piazzolla key; Milonga and Candombe patterns. How to play with them, to build, in improvisations, different characters, colours, and textures, for a dance performance. Music teacher and accompanist: Gerardo Agnese
- 10:00 – 16:00
- The labs are intensive and last till 6 hours
- The spots for the lab are limited. Once your place is confirmed please proceed with the payment.
- No age boundaries
- Letter of motivation with a short CV, photo and music registration is the requirement before applying for all applicants, professionals, or BA/MA music students and trainees.
- Please, state the reason for your motivation in the subject line of your letter: student/ trainee/ professional collaboration.
- Students/trainees/professional music students with background in improvisation, popular music or knowledge about Tango
- Affinity or appeal for dance, modern theatre and improvisation